The Worship Committee enhances the Sunday services throughout the year, in the spirit of enlightenment, to nurture the body, mind, soul and spirit of out congregation. The Worship Committee partners with both the congregation and the minister to provide the best possible services, to get feedback on the services and to act as a sounding board for the minister’s own services. Each week, a Worship Associate helps coordinate the service with the minister OR an outside speaker.
Worship at Unitarian Church in Charleston: Sunday Services at 11 AM (Click Here)
SPIRITUAL ALPHABET! Click Here!
Activities of the Worship Committee:
1. Support the Minister in the development of the church services for the Unitarian Church in Charleston.
2. Provide Worship Associates for each Sunday service to coordinate all Sunday Church Services
3. Organize and lead the Lay Lead services, to include the Summer Services. The content of the Worship Committee service is based upon what our church community and the Committee feels are important worship styles and messages that may be outside the norm of regular Sunday services lead by the minister and in support of the Church's Vision and Mission. We would love your input for Summer Services -- please let Hillary Hutchinson know if you have any great ideas!
Church Calendar : Click Here
Link to Sermons (click here)
Link to the "Book of Life" (click here)
Our church is a worshiping community. Each Sunday morning we come together to be reconnected to life's ultimate concerns. Our services are respectful of the Judeo-Christian heritage, but open to a variety of religious, humanist and ethical traditions. Excellent music is an important part of our worship services.Our worship services usually begin with the lighting of the Flaming Chalice (our symbol of faith) and include both instrumental and vocal music, a prayer or meditation, readings, and a sermon. Our worship services include an intergenerational segment in the service. The sermon each week is an inspiring message that engages the heart and mind and addresses those issues that give meaning and substance to our everyday lives. The messages are presented in a way that encourages the listener to question our assumptions and our ideas. Come join us!
Worship Associate Resources:
1. Worship Associates Summer Duties: CLICK HERE!
2. Transitions for Church Services: CLICK HERE
3. Minutes to the last Worship Committee Meeting:
July 2012 - CLICK HERE
August 2012 - CLICK HERE
4. Worship Associates Duties: CLICK HERE
5. UUA Worship Committee Resources: CLICK HERE
6. Sound System Manual: CLICK HERE
Click here for the words to Lee Westbrock's song, The Unitarian Mountain
Click here for the words to Lee Westbrock's song, Beacon Street
Worship Committee Meetings: 12:30 PM, 3rd Sunday of the month, Upstairs Gage Hall. For January 20, 2013 Meeting Minutes: CLICK HERE
Contact our leader: Priscilla Shumway (email@example.com, ) and Bernadette Victor (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- Co-Chairs