Mission: The committee guides the church’s internal and external communications and develops effective PR opportunities. The goal of all communications is to promote the life and well-being of the Church; and to keep members, friends and the community informed about who we are, what we believe, what we have and hope to accomplish, and how to be involved in Church functions and activities. Toward that end, the purpose of all communications is to ensure that material published under the auspices of the Church supports and enhances Church life and is congruous with Unitarian Universalist principles.
- Support the Office Administrator who is in charge of Internal Church Communications
- Support the internal communications process primarily through the web page.
- Concentration on External Communications, in conjunctions with the Minister, Office Administrator, and Vestry.
- Distribute Church “messages”
- Upkeep of church web site
- Dissemination of information through FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media
- Record and publish podcasts of church services
- Church advertising
- Articles in local newspapers
- Gage Hall Bulletin Boards
- Support to Church Committees
Helpful Skills: Knowledge of PR practices, good writing or editing skills, creativity, knowledge of web systems is helpful, but most important is an enthusiasm for the church and church community.
Co-Chair: Michael Carnell: email@example.com; 843-628-6379
Co-Chair: Richard Hayes: firstname.lastname@example.org; 843-225-1882
Co-Chair: Amanda Byfield: email@example.com; 843-452-7933